CEATS competition supports student’s academic activities with an aim to ensure a high level of individual academic success by stimulating the basic understanding how math & science logic applies in nature’s laws and human’s lives.
High quality test materials underpinned by methodologies and Item Response Theory.
Comparison of student or school's current performance to the other participants all over Pakistan.
The top performing students in CEATS contests, in each subject and in each class across the region are awarded cash prizes, medals and souvenirs along with distinction certificates.
Centre for Educational Assessment & Testing Services (CEATS) is the organization delivering a new model of educational support through creating opportunities to compete and win for every child of schools and colleges in Pakistan in their own school environment. We are affiliated with international organizations that support international competitions for schools and colleges worldwide. Most of our papers-based MCQS tests, which test takers fill out with paper and pencil, are administered under standardized conditions at colleges or schools. Answer sheets are returned to CEATS for scoring and analysis.
Centre for Educational Assessment and Testing Services (CEATS) is the organization delivering a new model of educational support through creating opportunities for every child of schools and colleges in Pakistan to compete and win in their own schools environment. It aims to promote mathematical mores in school’s environment by organizing the CEATS competitions. The competition has been proven to be the most effective event to make math & science enjoyable and popular subjects at all levels in schools and colleges. The competition aims to provide a national level recognition to the top performing students at a very early stage of their life. CEATS competition is a source of intellectual encouragement and a challenge for the genius ones. CEATS competition supports student’s academic activities with an aim to ensure a high level of individual academic success by stimulating the basic understanding how math & science logic applies in nature’s laws and human’s lives.
CEATS is committed to making sure that all students have a fair opportunity to demonstrate what they know and have learned in their institute. Centre for Educational Assessment & Testing Services (CEATS) specializes in placement tests and school assessments is conducted annually in Pakistan. We offer independent skills-based assessments with a competition element. CEATS is unique, being the most comprehensive generally available suite of academic assessments and school tests for primary and secondary school students. The assessments comprise Math tests and Science tests. A new CEATS test is developed annually for each subject in each year level by our team of subject matter experts. All CEATS tests are reviewed by experienced teachers to ensure that they accurately assess students’ skills and are relevant to what they are learning at school. Each test is conducted at the student’s school and is invigilated by home school/college under normal examination conditions. Administration Guidelines are provided to the institutes with the CEATS papers to ensure that the same conditions are afforded to all students sitting in the contest.
• Monitor and compare students’ performance within the school and region.
• Identify potentially gifted students for further enrichment.
• Identify students that may require immediate attention.
• Inform school planning and resource allocation.
• Discovers students’ latent potential to mentor them on their future educational endeavors as well as counsel them on selection of their careers.
• Modify classroom activities and develop appropriate learning programs.
• Identify students that may require immediate attention.
• Can find some insights from data to inform teaching & guide future learning.
• Can rank or order students according to their performance.
• Do exercise their experiences in large scale examinations.
• Identify their academic strengths and weaknesses.
• Monitor and compare their yearly achievement with other students.
• Gain valuable experience in taking international assessment tests such as IMO, IPhO, IChO, IOI, IBO, IAO, & ILO etc.
• Enrich their portfolios with CEATS certificates, medals & Souvenirs.
• Understand and analyze their children’s academic strengths& weaknesses.
• Collaborate with schools for academic growth and skill development of their children.
• Design and plan meaningful educational activities for kids.
Competition opens for participation in “PAKISTAN MATH CONTEST”
The participation fee is PKR 600/- per participant, which can be paid only through Bank Draft/Pay Order, drawn in favor of “CEATS”. The nominations will not be accepted if the fee is sent in any other form.
Schools/Colleges/Institutes can get registeration by filling out Registration Form, attach a Demand Draft with it and sending it to Program Coordinator, CEATS Competitions before the Registration Deadline i.e. Monday, 12th October, 2015.
Wednesday, 06th January, 2016 – Mathematics – Sharp at 9:30 am
All students from class 3 – 12 are invited to participate in CEATS Competitions from all over Pakistan. Only heads/principals/directors of schools and colleges can register students. Parents can’t register students in the competition. Individual student nominations are not eligible to accept. Minimum Participation of 10 students from a participating class is MUST. There is no maximum limit; institutions can register as many students from a class as they wish.
The CEATS contests are school based competitions. The students will not travel anywhere, the competition will be held in your own institution under the supervision of your Principal, and school coordinator.
PRIZES & AWARDS:
The prizes are awarded at the National level to the students who earn the largest sum of points at their classes. Likewise the prizes are awarded on District and School positions. Schools and students need to secure at least a distinction to be eligible for the medals & souvenirs.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS:
CEATS result 2016 will be made available in April 10, 2016 on website. Complete results with prizes are dispatched to the schools after that.
The Assessments consist of a range of multiple-choice questions. Students will have to choose the best answer from four possible options. The total score is the number of correct answers plus credit marks. Negative marking is applicable for wrong answers. Papers are ordered from the easiest items to the most difficult items. The questions are carefully graded to cater students at all levels of competency.
Try the sample questions/past question papers available on CEATS website. Then you will know what to expect in the competition.
1. Who can compete?
All students of primary /middle /secondary /higher secondary schools can take part in competition.
2. How do I apply?
Each candidate can enter competition by filling out a Registration Form which can be found here "www.ceats.org.pk" First you need to fill the registration form, attach Bank Draft with registration form and sending it to CEATS Head Office.
3. How and where can I pay the enrollment fee?
Fee shall be accepted only as Demand Draft/Pay Order of Scheduled Banks of Pakistan. CEATS shall not accept CASH payment from schools.
4. How many categories are there?
There are 5 categories. The competition is open to students of all abilities, at five levels: Super Junior (Class 3-4), Junior (Class 5-6), Ovate (Class 7-8), Elder (Class 9-10/ O-Level) and Fighter (Class 11-12/A-Level)
5. How do I prepare for the exam?
Visit the page “www.ceats.org.pk“and there you will find required material for practicing.
6. How are the candidates assessed and ranked?
There is only one correct answer to each question, and each is marked with a point. There is a penalty of one point for each incorrect answer. If the question is left unanswered, it is worth 0 points. To avoid negative scores, each student begins with a credit of 24 to 30 points. Hence, the minimum score attainable is 0 points
7. How is the test done?
Answers for test will be marked on a special Bubble Sheet. Most of our paper based MCQS tests, which are administered under standardized conditions at schools. Answer sheets are returned to CEATS for scoring and analysis. We advise hereby to hold Question Booklets at school’s record office. Use them for next year’s preparation.
8. What do I need to bring to the exam?
Candidates are only required to bring a pen and pencil. No notebooks, pencil cases, books, dictionaries, or any electronic device … will not be allowed in the classroom.
9. What are the tests that lead to the Pakistan towards International Olympiads?
The CEATS Competition is a standalone contest with benefits of its own. The format of CEATS competitions is very much supporting and meaningful in taking international assessment tests such as IMO, IPhO, IChO, IOI, IBO, IAO, & ILO etc.
10. What if my school does not offer the CEATS tests?
Urge your principal, teacher, at your school to help in your registration for the contest. If your school doesn’t offer the CEATS tests, then ask your parents to meet your school principal for the contest.
At CEATS Competitions it is our aim to deliver high quality learning experiences which will enable contestants to develop skills and attributes to achieve and sustain positive destinations beyond school:
• To provide a view of mathematics as a living, growing, creative human endeavor that classifies as both a science and an art, to give you a feeling for, and some mastery of the mathematical way of thinking, and to be aware of some of the many applications of mathematics in today’s world.
• To develop curiosity and understanding of the environment and our place in the living, material and physical world.
• To demonstrate a secure knowledge and understanding of the big ideas and concepts of the sciences.
• To develop the skills of scientific inquiry and investigation using practical techniques.
• To develop skills in the accurate use of scientific language, formulae and equations.
• To apply safety measures and take necessary actions to control risk and hazards.
• To recognize the impact the sciences make on our life, the lives of others, the environment and on society.
• To recognise the role of creativity and inventiveness in the development of the sciences.
• To develop an understanding of the Earth’s resources and the need for responsible use of them.
• To express opinions and make decisions on social, moral, ethical, economic and environmental issues based upon sound understanding.
• To develop as a scientifically‐literate citizen with a lifelong interest in the sciences.
• Download Full Course Outlines:
•   Pakistan Maths Contest
•   Pakistan Science Contest
For further information please contact the program coordinator.
Ph: 042-35782432, 042-35782439, Cell: 0300-6584077
Head office: Suite No. 510, Eden Towers, Main Boulevard Gulberg III, Lahore.